Friday, March 15, 2013

Financial Planning Seminar

Yesterday, I was invited to give a talk to the graduating students of my dear alma mater in Industrial Engineering Department. It's nice to be back in Adamson University after 11 years. I felt the warm and welcoming atmosphere from my professors as they greeted me one by one before I made my presentation. It was nostalgic as well, remembering the days when I was the one sitting there as a student attending seminars. 

My talk is all about the Basic Steps to Financial Security

I am equally happy and proud because everybody seems to be having a great time enjoying the seminar. The students were actively listening and participating. Heading home I received a text message and it goes like this: "Good evening po, Ma'am! Thank you so much po sa seminar. We really learned a lot, nag-enjoy din po kami :-) Thank you po!" Wow! It felt so great, to be appreciated in what you do is indeed priceless! It gives me a more compelling reason why I need to continue what I'm doing, and that is to spread financial literacy. 

Kudos to the facilitator of the event, specially to Gian Carlo Reyes and his team. Not wanting to sound to cliched, but I would like to take this opportunity to thank Engr. Maida dela Cueva for assisting us and of course to Engr. Noe Enriquez, and to all my beloved professors for believing in me. I would not be the person I am today if not for them. I am always proud to be a Falcon! ( I dream! I soar! I am possible! ) 

Special thanks also to my financial planning team namely Jacqui, Jonel, Raymund & Ms. Rowena for their untiring support and of course to my mentor, Sir Garry de Castro of FinancialPlanningPh for gracing the event.

"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." 
-Benjamin Franklin


We will all start out working to make money. But we must not stop there. We must advance to the position that money serves us so that we can devote our time serving God by serving people in need and not being controlled by the need to make money in order to survive. We need to have enough determination and passion to drive us to do whatever it takes to become financially literate and get control of our finances. 

If you would like us to conduct a financial planning seminar in your school or in your workplace, my team and I will gladly offer it for free... to schedule an appointment, you may call us at (02)585-4500,  09178404561 or 09328920658





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the seminar :D we really enjoy what you did for us in the seminar :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Bautista for the informative seminar, we really learned a lot in investing. We should be "Pong" from the video and invest at an earlier age. I DREAM!! (tap table 2x) I SOAR!! (clap 2x) I AM POSSIBLE!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome :-) should you have any questions just feel free to ask. keep on learning! i wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Get A Grip Pinoy - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger